Stephan Or Damon Salvatore?

Friday 16 July 2010

Story Opening

(I wrote this opening about a year ago when I felt like writting a story. After losing the creative burst of wanting to write that much I stop writting and the file was left to collect dust. I have recently refound the opening and wish to know what people think about it and if they think it would be worth while to continue with the story and post the rest on my blog.)

I lay face down on the floor. Unable to move. I hear him; feel him, with every passing second coming closer, and closer. In only seconds he will be upon me, in only seconds everything I hold dear will be torn from me. I feel nothing but fear, not yet, please not yet. I want to run, to hide; I want this to stop. Why is it me? The question I have asked through out my life- my short life. I am yet to find the answer and soon, so soon, it will be to late. No second chances. Everyone I love; everyone I hold dear, will be lost. But for what? So many questions that I will never find the answer to. My eyes swell with tears, it hurts, my skin is burning, yet my mind is numb. Such pain I have never known now fills my whole existence. Tears run down my face freely now, like tiny water falls. This is it. No more running. No more hiding. He is so close now; I can feel each step, each vibration as his feet meet the cold stone floor. This horrible place will be the last thing I see, yet I want to take in every detail, every whisper, every living thing. A world full of living things, more tears run down my face as I remember the beauty of the world, it's always there, you just have to look. I feel as though I may drown in all the life around me, I am nothing, a pointless creature living in a world of beauty. People say that every living thing is special, they're lying, only trying to stop you from uncovering the evil that lies just beneath the surface. I wish I had more time, I wish I could do it all again, I would do it differently, savour every moment. I try to think of all the happiness in the world, I want to forget where I am, I want the last thing I feel to be the sun on my skin, the warmth of the summer breeze and the laughing raindrops as they fall on my skin, so cold yet warm. But darkness melts away the happy memories, I can only see the hatred and the fear, it swarms throughtout my mind, no more happy thoughts, no more laughter. I'm alone in the dark. With only the ghosts of my past for company.

And him. He's here, standing right infront of me, the thing that ruined my life, I can sense him though my eyes are useless. There can be no hope now, I can see now how pointless my struggle was. My whole life has been a series of events leading up to this one moment where everything stands still. This one moment where there is no escape. No last mineut trick. No saviour. Just me and him. But what did I do to deserve this life? This never-ending pain, it hurts so much, my head... it's burning. I have tried so hard to escape this, tried so hard to be happy with what I have and make the most of it. I have tried to fit in, tried to be normal. I had thought that maybe just maybe if I could be like everyone els, if I clould forget, than none of this would have had to happen, and that I could be truely happy. I never knew I could be so wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Well I for one think you should keep it up. You write very well and I enjoyed reading it.

    You captured the feeling of panic in your writing style. Short, sharp sentences that mimic the short, sharp breaths taken in fear.

    Don't stop now...keep going you have something to say.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good where do the dark thoughts come from though?
    You need to use spell check in Word that is my lifesaver re grammer and spelling.
    I'd like to read more and find out what happens, I hope it has a happy ending.
    I counted 10 fish.

    ReplyDelete